I am an attorney licensed for 18 years in Texas and the last 4 years in Mississippi. I have been an insurance and asbestos defense attorney, an asbestos plaintiff’s attorney, and a personal injury attorney. I have also worked with various unions. I really enjoy helping people and with the role that I have now, I get to do just that every day!
- Texas, 1990
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern, 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern, 2003
- South Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, B.A., A.B.
- Foster & Sear
- Mieneke Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Owner
- Law Offices of John R. Thomas
- Law Offices of Vincent Lannie
- Holmes & Harris, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- Employee Wage
- Multidistrict Litigation
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Dispute Resolution Center
- East Harris County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- East Harris County Bar Association Referrals, 1991 – 1995
- Volunteer Mediator, 2007 – 2008
- Abilify Gambling Lawsuit
- Asbestos / Lung Cancer Attorney
- Cell Phone Brain Cancer
- Essure Lawsuits
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
- Hip and Knee Infection Lawsuits
- IVC Filter Lawsuits
- NFL Concussion Settlement Lawyer
- FELA - Railroad Injury Attorney
- Occupational Injury Lawyer
- Pharmaceutical Drug Lawyer
- Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
FROM THE BLOG
Can a Texas Car Accident Lawyer Represent Me in a Defective Tire Lawsuit?
Being in a car accident is never a good experience. You probably have to deal with damages to your car. You may have injuries or medical conditions as a result. If more than one car was involved in the accident, you’ll have other issues to deal with as well. But if defective tires caused your…
How Can I Prove Fault in a Texas Car Accident?
While on the road, you take great care in how you drive. You stop at intersections to let people pace, watch for all the traffic signals, and stay within the posted speed limit signs. Your goal is to get to your destination without an accident. But other drivers on the road may not be as…
Same-Sex Harassment in Texas
Same-sex harassment is a big problem. Harassment can come from anyone, even by others of the same gender as you. Society accepts that harassment is a negative phenomenon. However, getting help for same-sex harassment can be difficult. Courts don’t seem to view same-sex harassment the same way as other forms of harassment. There are sometimes…